Introduction of ASP.Net
Introduction of ASP.Net also known as Active Server Pages .Net is developed by Microsoft Corporation. With ASP.Net, we can build powerful website and also creates web application. ASP .net is a server technology we can interact with databases, setup web pages and display page on mobile device.
ASP.net is also useful for creating e-commerce shopping site. ASP.net is easy to use, robust scripting language for developing web pages. ASP.net is found in visual studio .net package it runs on the .net platform. It uses most of the services that are provided by the .net framework. We can create web pages using ASP.net through VB.net or C# for running the ASP.net web Apages the computer must be running the web server application.
The web server for Windows OS is IIS (Internet Information Services) if we are using visual studio 2010 packages when it has at inbuilt ASP.net development server so we do not have to install IIS web server.
.Net framework:- ASP.net is the part of the Microsoft .net framework. To build ASP.net pages we need to take advantages of the features of the .net framework. The .net framework consist of two parts-
- The framework class library
- The common language run time (CLR)
The framework class library:- The .net framework contains thousands of class that we can use when building an application. The framework class library was designed to make it easier to perform the most common a programming tasks. Here are just a few example in the framework-
- File Class- Enables us to represent a file on the hard drive. We can use the file class to check whether a file exists, create a new file, delete a file and perform many other file related tasks.
- Graphics Class – Enables us to work with different types of images- such as gif, png, bmp, jpeg, we can use the graphics class to draw rectangle, arcs, ellipsis and other elements of an image.
- Random Class- Enables us to generate a random number.
- SMTP class- Enables us to send email. We can the SMTP client class to send emails that contains attachment and HTML content.
These are only four example of classes in the framework. .net framework contains almost 13000 classes for building application. Each class in the framework can includes properties, methods and events. The properties, methods and events exposed by a class are the member of the class for e.g. here is a list of the member of the SMTP client class.
- Host- The name of IP address of the union server.
- Port- The number of the port to use when sending an emails.
- Send- Enables us to send email message synchronously.
- SendAsync- Enables us to send an emails message asynchronously.
- Send Completed- Raised when an asynchronous send operation complete.